Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
ZWT6 - NA*ME
- 158.51 ml oleo
- 118.29 ml vegetable shortening
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 177.44 ml nuts, chopped, unsalted, mixed
- 14.79 ml cocoa
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream margarine and sugar until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk, beating until smooth.
- Add vanilla, raisins and nuts. Pour 3/4 of batter into a 10-inch tube pan lined on bottom with waxed paper.
- Mix remaining batter with cocoa and cinnamon and spoon onto batter in pan. Run a knife through batter to marbleize.
- Bake at 350° about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let stand in pan 5 minutes, then turn out on rack; peel off paper. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I made this also in a loaf pan (1/2 recipe) and it turned out wonderfully. I used chopped pecans (my fave), Pamela's gluten-free flour, and grapeseed oil as this was low temp baking I really liked the cocoa-cinnamon flavor. Thanks for posting ~ this is a good cake! Made for ZWT6 ~ NA*ME Region and Queens of Quisine.
This was very moist and flavorful! I used pecans and used an angelfood cake pan. I didn't cook it the entire time as stated and glad I didn't because it was cooked just right. Thanks for a yummy recipe! I might try making this again and usuing mini chocolate kisses! Made for zwt6
Great pound cake!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and used a standard loaf pan. So moist and flavorful with the cocoa and cinnamon. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6.