Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
ZWT6 - NA*ME
Make and share this Moroccan Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup oleo
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped, unsalted, mixed
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream margarine and sugar until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk, beating until smooth.
- Add vanilla, raisins and nuts. Pour 3/4 of batter into a 10-inch tube pan lined on bottom with waxed paper.
- Mix remaining batter with cocoa and cinnamon and spoon onto batter in pan. Run a knife through batter to marbleize.
- Bake at 350° about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let stand in pan 5 minutes, then turn out on rack; peel off paper. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I made this also in a loaf pan (1/2 recipe) and it turned out wonderfully. I used chopped pecans (my fave), Pamela's gluten-free flour, and grapeseed oil as this was low temp baking I really liked the cocoa-cinnamon flavor. Thanks for posting ~ this is a good cake! Made for ZWT6 ~ NA*ME Region and Queens of Quisine.
This was very moist and flavorful! I used pecans and used an angelfood cake pan. I didn't cook it the entire time as stated and glad I didn't because it was cooked just right. Thanks for a yummy recipe! I might try making this again and usuing mini chocolate kisses! Made for zwt6
Great pound cake!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and used a standard loaf pan. So moist and flavorful with the cocoa and cinnamon. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6.