Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from Arabic-food.com
- 500 g new potatoes, sliced finely on a mandolin
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 red chili pepper, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 sprig coriander, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and sweat the onion, chilli pepper and garlic for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the ground cumin, nutmeg and half of the paprika with a little seasoning and cook for a further minute. Add the sliced potato, mix once carefully, then reduce the heat and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until the potato is just soft. Adjust the seasoning to taste, then spoon into a serving dish. Sprinkle the remaining paprika on top and garnish with a sprig of coriander leaves before serving.
I don't think I would call this a salad but it was very good. I made it for breakfast and enjoyed the North African spices. Thanks! Made for ZWT 2013 by one of the Hot Stuff.
Aussie Swap #83: OUTSTANDING! Made this to go with our Christmas dinner and it was amazing! The spices are perfect on these potatoes - a lovely side dish!
as you see these are fried potatoes , very good breakfast for mr picky 4 Tablespoons oil l lb potatoes zwt9