Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of DH's favourite pork recipes. He found it on a supermarket recipe card and, if he had his way, he would cook it every week! He often adds more winter squash than the amount indicated.
- 1 lb diced tender pork (500g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon asian sweet chili sauce
- 8 ounces winter squash, thinly sliced,250 g (pumpkin)
- 4 ounces spinach leaves, shredded roughly (100g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet and stir-fry the diced pork in two batches until browned.
- Add ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin and paprika, and stir fry a further minute to cook the spices.
- Add chili sauce, squash, spinach, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste), and chicken stock, and mix well.
- Transfer contents of skillet to a casserole dish, cover tightly and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Check once or twice during cooking that the liquid has not evaporated, and add a little more stock if necessary.
- When the meat and squash are tender, stir through the fresh cilantro and serve with rice.