Recipe by Daydream
This is one of DH's favourite pork recipes. He found it on a supermarket recipe card and, if he had his way, he would cook it every week! He often adds more winter squash than the amount indicated.
Top Review by klampey
This was REALLY good! Even my kids loved it! I followed exactly except used zucchini instead of winter squash just because that's what I had on hand and it was delicious. I can't wait to try again with winter squash. This is a keeper!
- 1 lb diced tender pork (500g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon asian sweet chili sauce
- 8 ounces winter squash, thinly sliced,250 g (pumpkin)
- 4 ounces spinach leaves, shredded roughly (100g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet and stir-fry the diced pork in two batches until browned.
- Add ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin and paprika, and stir fry a further minute to cook the spices.
- Add chili sauce, squash, spinach, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste), and chicken stock, and mix well.
- Transfer contents of skillet to a casserole dish, cover tightly and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Check once or twice during cooking that the liquid has not evaporated, and add a little more stock if necessary.
- When the meat and squash are tender, stir through the fresh cilantro and serve with rice.