Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
Bold Moroccan spices add a fabulous flavour to wild salmon in this healthy fish dish. Great for feeding a crowd!
- 16 large red ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 8 -10 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 1⁄2 lbs salmon, cut into fillets
- Place the tomatoes in a large saucepan and cook, over a medium heat, for 10 minutes or so, until reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, toast the coriander and cumin seeds in a dry frying pan until golden and aromatic - this should take about 30 seconds. Transfer the spices to a food processor.
- Add the parsley, garlic, jalapeno pepper, fresh cilantro and black pepper. Process to a paste.
- When the tomatoes have reduced, stir in the spice paste and bring to the boil, stirring well.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Leave sauce to cool and add then add the lemon juice.
- Lay the fish out in a large casserole dish and pour over the sauce. Cover and bake for about 20 minutes, until the fish is cooked through. Serve straight away.