From the Back of the Box Cooking cookbook. Courtesy of The J.M. Smucker Company.
Make and share this Moroccan Peanut Couscous With Peas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons crisco pure canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- garlic clove, minced (use 2 - 3 garlic cloves)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1⁄2 cup jif crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas (tiny deluxe, if possible)
- 1 cup couscous
- Heat canola oil in a 2 1/2 or 3 qt saucepan, over medium heat. Add the onions, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until just translucent. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Whisk in the peanut butter and cumin. Blend well. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Add peas and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous and return to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cover and let sit about 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and serve.