Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This goes great served with white rice. I have always just used regular water in place of rose water and think it turns out great!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon rose water (I use regular water)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 lbs bone-in chicken pieces, with skin
- 1 lb fresh peach, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a glass measuring cup, combine the margarine, honey, rose water, salt and pepper.
- Heat in the microwave until margarine has melted, about 30 seconds. Place chicken in a baking dish and pour the margarine mixture over it.
- Stir to coat the chicken completely.
- Place the dish of chicken into the oven.
- Cook uncovered in the preheated oven until chicken pieces have browned, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Add the peaches to the dish and sprinkle with sugar.
- Continue to roast until chicken is cooked through, about 20 more minutes.
- Remove chicken pieces to a serving dish and pour the juices from the pan over them.
- Garnish with slivered almonds.
Oh my!!!!! This was sooooo good. I made it with my home grown peaches. It melted in my mouth.