Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Always inspired by what I read, This recipe makes for a healthy delicious feed, SO simple, easy to do, I look forward to my first review! NOTE: Oil in the pan is optional and think on a George Forman grill would make for an even nicer presentation, but the taste is yummy! RE the Moroccan seasoning, can make your own or store bought NOTE: I used french vanilla yogurt; personal taste NOTE: Can use less coriander in patties and in salad; personal preference really
- 500 g ground lamb
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 2 teaspoons moroccan seasoning
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 2 tablespoons mint sauce
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt
- Grate zucchini and onion; remove excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Finely dice 1/2 red onion; finely slice remanining onion for salad.
- COMBINE mince, zucchini, onion, garlic, currants, coriander in bowl to hamburger consistency; MIX WELL.
- NOTE: May need to add up to 2 tbsp bradcrumbs but want mixture to be moist.
- I use an egg ring to make 100 gram patties; but feel free to make them any size or shape you prefer.
- FRY patties in fry pan.
- NOTE: Have made them with and without oil and find without oil, they brown better in a hot pan.
- COMBINE cucumber (sliced on an angle), finely sliced onion, mint sauce, yogurt and 1/4 cup coriander.
- Serve with rissoles and ENJOY!
These turned out to be a real treat. I didn't need to add any breadcrumbs to keep them staying in shape - just gently fried in a little oil. I would add just a 1/2 tsp of salt next time just to enhance the flavour slightly. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap May 2014.