- 3 -4 oranges, peeled and sliced
- romaine leaf, washed and dried (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 dates, sliced lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup blanched slivered almonds or 1⁄2 cup blanched almond, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine lemon and orange juices, confectioners' sugar, extract and cinnamon.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving plate. Layer oranges decoratively onto plate. Spoon juice/sugar mixture over the oranges and sprinkle with almonds and fresh dates. Chill until serving.