Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 8 medium navel oranges or 8 medium temple oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water or 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped toasted almond
- Chill the oranges for at least 1 hour.
- Add the dates.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients, pour over the oranges, and toss to coat.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the oranges between serving plates or arrange in overlapping sections on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with the almonds.
Outstanding!! I've made this twice now, and was able to find Orange Blossom Water for the second batch. YUM- First time I served it over romaine lettuce and last night was in a bowl by itself. I'm actually thinking of throwing some cooked cranberries in it instead of the usual Thanksgiving side dish! I may play around with steeping cinnamon sticks, rather than using powder. Thank you for the perfect combination of sweet, tart, creamy and crunch!