Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This salad is light and refreshing and a great compliment to spicy dishes. It can even be served as a dessert. If you don't have orange flower water Orange Flower Water Substitute is a substitute.
- 4 -5 large carrots (about 1 lb.)
- 2 -3 navel oranges (about 2 lb.)
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange flower water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt (pinch)
- Peel the carrots and grate them into very fine strands. Peel the oranges, remove the pith, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Mix the carrots and oranges with the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Cover, and refrigerate for a half hour or more to allow the salad to blend.
- Serve chilled. (cooking time is chilling time).
Interesting salad, reminiscent of a carrot salad my grams used to always make. She put raisins in hers. DH's mom used to make it, too. I'm not a carrot salad fan, but hubby is! I never even knew that until I served this tonight! So I told him I'd make it for him anytime. If you're a carrot fan, you will like this salad, it's sweet and very pretty, too. The orange flower water gives it even more depth of flavor. ZWT9