Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found ths recipe & am stashing for when my garden begins its production of okra, maters & coriander in earnest around the end of June. Mmmm, ain't nothing better than a homegrown tomater...or okra...LOL.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb okra, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb tomatoes, cored and chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Moroccan Okra Salad.
- Toast cumin and coriander seeds in a cast-iron or other skillet over low heat until fragrant, about 10 minutes.
- Put in a spice mill with paprika and pepper flakes. Grind until fine. Set aside. Put oil in a wok or other large skillet over medium-high heat. Add okra and stir-fry a few minutes.
- Add garlic and reserved spices, toss a minute, add tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and cook, covered, about 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook another 5 to 10 minutes or until okra is just tender and most of the juices have evaporated. Remove from heat, add lemon juice, and stir in cilantro.
- Cool to room temperature, check and adjust seasonings, and serve.