Recipe by JustJanS
Serve these with warm crusty rolls to mop the juices up with. Eat them as a salad or starter in a Middle Eastern style meal.
- 300 g button mushrooms, stalks trimmed, quartered
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 2 bay leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the mushrooms in a non-reactive dish; pour half the lemon juice over them.
- Place half the oil in a frying pan over a low heat; add the crushed coriander seeds and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and bay leaves and cook for 1 minute.
- Cover the pan, increase the heat to medium and cook a further 3 minutes, shaking the pan from time to time.
- Return the mushrooms to the non-reactive dish and pour over the remaining juice and oil. Toss to coat well.
- Allow the mushrooms to cool, cover and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours and up to 24 hours for the flavours to develop.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the chopped parsley over.