Recipe by Rita~
Great as a side or a meal in itself.
Top Review by Kozmic Blues
This dish is a nice change from plain old couscous! At first, I plated it as you suggested, Rita, but my platter was too small. So I decided to toss it all together in a bowl to combine the sauce and mushrooms throughout all the couscous. I did find that I liked the flavor of this dish better after it sat for a bit, and the flavors combined.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemons, zest of or 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil add mushrooms seasoned with salt and pepper saute till tender.
- Remove from pan and add 2 tablespoons oil, onions, garlic and spices cook for an other 5 minutes.
- Add orange juice and zest simmering till reduced to 1 cup.
- In a medium bowl Add 1 cup hot water to couscous and raisins season with salt and pepper remove let stand for 10 minutes.
- For presentation plate the couscous on a large platter top with mushrooms and pour sauce on top. Just before serving toss together.