Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lovely looking low-fat dish.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 750 g beef, cut into strips
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 400 g tomatoes, from can
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, fresh, shredded
- Heat oil in large non-stick pan; cook beef, in batches, until browned all over and cooked as desired.
- Cook onion in same pan, stirring until soft. Add cumin and rind; cook, stirring, until fragrant, Stir in undrained crushed tomatoes; simmer, uncovered stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Return beef to pan with nuts and mint; stir until hot.