Recipe by Tisme
I found this wonderful Moroccan Tea recipe on S.B.S. Food safari.
Top Review by IngridH
A nice soothing tea. This would be a great finish to a rich, spicy dinner. I had expected the mint flavor to be more prevalent, but it's really just a background note that compliments the green tea very well. Made for ZWT9
- gunpowder tea (or any green tea)
- boiling water
- of fresh mint (prefer short leaf bunch, with less stem)
- sugar, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the tea in a teapot (allow 3 tablespoons for a large teapot, about 5–6 glasses). Pour over ½ cup fresh boiling water. Allow the tea to steep (let stand) for 10 seconds only. This will rinse the gunpowder tea and allow the leaves to open up. Pour out the water.
- Add all the mint and sugar to taste. Pour fresh boiling water onto mix to fill the pot.
- Allow the tea to steep for a few minutes. (If you prefer your tea strong, you may bring the full teapot to boil and let it stand for a couple more minutes.).
- Pour 3–4 cups, but do not stir. Simply pour back into the pot, this allows the mint tea mixture to blend naturally.