Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
In Morocco, mint tea is a drink of hospitality. It is served throughout the day as well as at mealtime. It is always served to guests; it is considered impolite to refuse it! Of course my Moroccan menu wouldn't be complete without this very simple mint tea recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 teaspoons loose green tea leaves (or 2 tea bags)
- 2 -4 fresh mint sprigs, plus more for garnish
- Bring water to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Place loose green tea in a tea strainer ball and place in the hot water to steep for 3-5 minutes. Add the mint sprigs as well.
- Serve hot or chilled with mint sprigs for garnish.