Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A meatloaf with Moroccan seasonings.
Make and share this Moroccan Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped zucchini, drained and patted dry with a paper towel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, include some tender green tops
- 1 cup dried whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 orange, peeled thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, peeled and thinly sliced
- mint leaf, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients except the orange and lemon slices and mint; mix well.
- Turn the mixture into a lightly oiled 9 x 5 inch loaf pan; gently pat down.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until the loaf is firm and the top is lightly browned.
- Lay the orange and lemon slices alternately on top of the loaf, overlapping slightly and bake until the fruit slices are warmed and juicy, about 15 minutes.
- Let stand in the pan for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Remove the loaf from the pan and slice to serve; garnish with mint leaves.