Moroccan meatballs made with spiced lamb served with herb cous cous. This was just shown on TV here in the UK and I thought I'd save it on here for future reference, looks yummy!
- 453.59 g ground lamb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml harissa
- 14.79 ml dried breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
For the sauce
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 56.69 g dried apricots, chopped
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml coriander seed, crushed
- 396.89 g can chopped tomatoes
- 177.44 ml chicken stock
- 14.79 ml honey
For the couscous
- 255.14 g couscous
- 414.03 ml chicken stock, hot
- flat leaf parsley
- fresh cilantro
- 1 lemon, juice
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 42.52 g toasted sliced almonds
- Combine lamb, onion, harissa and flat leaf parsley and season, roll into golf ball sized meatballs and fry off in medium hot pan until coloured.
- In a heavy based pan, fry the onion, garlic and ginger until softened, add the spices and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and apricots, then add the meatballs, top up with the stock and cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes After 20 mins add the honey and season.
- Place the couscous in a bowl and pour over the boiling stock, cover with plastic wrap and leave to stand for 5 mins, fork through to separate the grains then add chopped herbs, toasted almonds, lemon juice ,olive oil and salt and pepper and mix.
- Serve with toasted pita bread.
DH and I made these meatballs last night for dinner and really enjoyed them. They are a bit of work, but the aroma that filled the house and the flavor were fantastic. The meatballs and herbed couscous were very complimentary. We made no modifications to the recipe as posted. Thanks! Made for ZWT6.