Recipe by Derf
A nice combination of taste, and a little different. I made these half size and served them as an appetizer with a tart cranberry dip. From local newspaper.
Top Review by Geema
If you are craving some lamb, but want to go easy on your budget, try these great meatballs. They have a wonderful flavor highlighted by the interesting spices. I made a creamy curry sauce with onions, and apples to drizzle on the baked meatballs, and served it with some more couscous and roasted broccoli with lemon and garlic. Derf, this is a very repeatable recipe...thanks.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄2 cup cooked couscous
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small nonstick frypan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until browned.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground lamb, couscous, egg, parsley, turmeric, cinnamon and ginger.
- Add sauteed onion and garlic.
- Mix well, form into 1 and 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes, until browned on all sides and no longer pink.