Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
it is perfect for dinner parties or at a family get together.
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 lb puff pastry
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400°F Lina a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg with 1 tablespoon water. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until shiny. Add the chopped garlic, chopped tomato, and tomato paste. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the ground meat, minced garlic, parsley, cumin, paprika, cinamon, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and ginfer. Mix well.
- Add the meat mixture to the pan. Saute for 4 minutes.
- On a sheet of parchment paper, slightly roll out each puff pastry square. spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of meat mixture into the center of each square. Brush the enges with egg mixture and sprinkle the sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until pastry is puffed and golden.