Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on another site & adjusted it for my husband's taste. Lamb liver can be substituted for the calf's liver.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs calf liver, cut in 1x2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 -2 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- Mix the flour, paprika, cumin, and salt in a bowl. Add the liver pieces to the flour, mix and toss thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a skillet then add the garlic & onion. Saute for 5-7 minutes then add in the liver slices.
- Fry the liver for a couple of minutes, depending on how well done you like liver cooked.
- Serve immediately topped with parsley.
This was so different from how I cooked my liver. It was wonderful. I will make again. Made for Newest Zaar tag.