Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook7 hrs 30 mins
slow cook in a crockpot.
Make and share this Moroccan Lentil Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dried lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 10 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces frozen cut green beans, thawed
- Combine all ingredients except green beans in a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours until lentils, squash, and potatoes are tender when tested with knife.
- Increase heat to high setting.
- Stir in thawed green beans, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until mixture is thoroughly heated and beans are tender.
- If you have a new, hotter cooking crockpot, cook on low for 6-8 hours until lentils and potatoes are tender.
- If the recipe is 'mush' you cooked it too long. And always season food to taste.
- The crockpot mutes spices, so you may need to add more curry powder and cumin before you serve it.