1/2 Photos of Moroccan Lentil Soup With Coriander Oil
From the Women's Institute Book of Soup that I borrowed from our local library.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 175 g red lentils, well rinsed
- 1 1/2 liters vegetable stock
For the coriander Oil
- 1Heat the oil in a large lidded saucepan, add the onion, carrot, garlic, coriander, cumin and paprika.
- 2Cover and sweat for 10 mins shaking the pan occasionally.
- 3Add lentils and 3/4 of the stock, bring to the boil and boil rapidly for 10 mins uncovered, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile make the coriander oil. Pour the oil into a liquidiser and add rest of the ingredients, blend until smooth.
- 5Cool the soup slightly before pureeing in a liquidiser, add a little more stock if required and add salt and fresh black pepper to taste.
- 6Reheat and serve with a swirl of the coriander oil on top.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Lentil Soup With Coriander Oil
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.0
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 167.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili oil