Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This classic Moroccan side dish couscous recipe is given a bit of crunch with some chopped toasted pecans. From Linda Larsen,Your Guide to Busy Cooks, @about.com
- 6 ounces instant couscous
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted if desired
- Prepare couscous according to package directions.
- When done, fluff couscous with fork and add remaining ingredients.
- Stir very gently with a fork and serve.
I put a bit more lemon juice, and I think it could stand even a bit more than that, but then I really love the taste of lemon. I served this as a side dish to Moroccan Chicken (#15580) and everyone loved it. Thanks!
This made a nice quick side. I forgot the pecans but did add a little lemon zest to the dish. Quick and easy fix for couscous.
This was good. i think the addition of lemon zest would be nice. I'm not sure the olive oil is necessary. THE PICKY ONE didn't like it. And I threw in a fistful of cooked garbanzos. Yum. Thanks!