1/4 Photos of Moroccan Lemon Chicken With Olives
1 hr 15 mins
This dish includes chicken, lemon,cilantro and couscous. Posted for Zaar World Tour III.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 1/2 lbs skinless chicken
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 grated lemons, rind of
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted and coarsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup couscous
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a food processor, finely chop onion and garlic. Dredge chicken in flour.
- 2In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Saute chicken and onion mixture until mixture has softened, about 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in one cup water, saffron, ginger, cumin, paprika, salt and lemon peel.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 35 minutes. Remove chicken from sauce and allow to cool a few minutes.
- 5Debone chicken and cut meat into small pieces. Put meat back into sauce with the lemon juice, olives, cilantro and pepper. Simmer gently 5 minutes.
- 6While the chicken is cooking, bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the couscous and bring back to a boil.
- 7Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- 8Spoon chicken mixture over couscous and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Lemon Chicken With Olives
Serving Size: 1 (530 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 677.0
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 241.1 mg
- Sodium 626.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 93.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of