Recipe by Merlot
Looking for something different for a change? Try this "unique" dish. Don't let the unusual combination of ingredients scare you.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breast halves (bone in, skin on)
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon lemons, zest of, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (I use College Brand)
- 1⁄3 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup canned chick-peas, drained & rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over moderately high heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Pat chicken dry& season with salt& pepper.
- Cook chicken, skin side down until skin turns golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Reduce heat to moderate& add onion.
- Cook, stirring until softened.
- Add cumin, paprika, cinnamon, lemon zest and flour.
- Cook, stirring 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken broth, olives and honey.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer, uncovered about 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Add chickpeas and simmer about 3 minutes.