1/1 Photo of Moroccan Lemon Chicken
Looking for something different for a change? Try this "unique" dish. Don't let the unusual combination of ingredients scare you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breast halves (bone in, skin on)
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon lemons, zest of, finely grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (I use College Brand)
- 1/3 cup pimento stuffed olive, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup canned chick-peas, drained & rinsed
- 1In a heavy 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over moderately high heat until hot, but not smoking.
- 2Pat chicken dry& season with salt& pepper.
- 3Cook chicken, skin side down until skin turns golden brown.
- 4Transfer chicken to a plate.
- 5Reduce heat to moderate& add onion.
- 6Cook, stirring until softened.
- 7Add cumin, paprika, cinnamon, lemon zest and flour.
- 8Cook, stirring 1 minute.
- 9Stir in the chicken broth, olives and honey.
- 10Return chicken to the pan and simmer, uncovered about 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- 11Add chickpeas and simmer about 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.4
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 423.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of
pimento stuffed olives