Recipe by English_Rose
Ginger, cinnamon, turmeric and the distinctive flavour of preserved lemon combine to great effect in this braised chicken dish.
- 1 (4 lb) roasting chickens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 preserved lemon, seeds removed and chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken in a large saucepan with all the ingredients, except the preserved lemons.
- Half cover the chicken with water and simmer over a low heat for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Transfer the chicken to the oven and cook until the chicken is tender and the liquid reduced - about 1 hour. Add a little more liquid if it becomes too dry.
- Stir in the chopped preserved lemon and serve hot.