I originally got this recipe from Gourmet Magazine, and served as an anniversary romantic meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole boneless chicken breast, halved (with skin and wings attached)
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup green olives, pitted and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup drained, rinsed canned chick-peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh coriander sprigs (, , wash and dry before chopping)
- 1In a 3-qt heavy saucepan, heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- 2Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Cook chicken, skin sides down, until skin is deep golden brown.
- 4Transfer chicken to a plate and reduce heat to moderate.
- 5Add onion to pan and cook, stirring, until softened.
- 6Add cumin, paprika, cinnamon, zest, and flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 7Stir in broth, olives, and honey.
- 8Return chicken to pan and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes.
- 9Transfer chicken to 2 plates.
- 10Add chick-peas to sauce.
- 11Simmer sauce 3 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- 12Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with coriander.
- 13Serve chicken with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.3
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 846.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 37.6 g