Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really simple recipe to make it can be on the table in 30 Min's not including the marinating time. The marinade is easy to make and something you can do the night before or before work and it is ready to go when you walk through the door. I love couscous and I think it pairs very well with this dish. I use quick cooking couscous which comes in sachets of 100g each to serve 1-2 people depending on whether making as is or serving as an accompaniment like I did. The brand I buy only takes 2 Min's to cook and you place the sachet in boiling water, so when you get to the part where you add stock and hot mango chutney to the water, please note that this is just to flavour couscous and not to be mixed with it.
- 2 (200 g) lamb fillets (the marinade would be enough for 4 fillets)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon harissa
- 100 ml yogurt
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock powder
- 2 tablespoons hot mango chutney
- 1 (100 g) sachet quick-cooking couscous
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red currants
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 100 ml yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped (this is extra so a total of 3 tablespoons altogether.)
- Prep time does not include marinating time.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl or storage container, mix well, add lamb fillets, turn to coat, cover, marinade several hours or overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade, discard left over marinade, cook lamb in a fry pan, or grill, or BBQ until cooked as desired, slice thickly and serve over couscous.
- In a small fry pan heat a little olive oil and cook peppers until tender.
- Bring water, stock and mango chutney to the boil, add couscous sachet and cook according to packet instructions (mine is 2 Minute Couscous.)Drain and place couscous in a bowl fluff with fork.
- Add peppers, lemon juice, coriander and currants stir gently to combine.
- Combine yogurt with coriander, stir and serve drizzled over lamb.
- To Serve: Place a mound of couscous in the centre of a plate, arrange sliced lamb on top and drizzle with yogurt.