Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mission was to prepare a chilli but as usual with a little artistic licence I created a mouth watering combination of spices and lamb. Serve with couscous and a green salad. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint (preferably fresh mint)
- 1⁄2 preserved lemon (coarsely chopped)
- 450 g ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon ras el hanout spice mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large onion (coarsely chopped)
- 2 orange bell peppers (sliced)
- 1 cup mushroom (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Brown the onions, garlic, cloves and the lamb.
- Add the sliced peppers, tomatoes, raisins, Ras el Hanout spice mix and water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the preserved lemon, then simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add honey, mushrooms and salt simmering for another 5 minutes.
- Finally add the mint, simmer for two minutes and serve.