Paella Pete's Note:
My mission was to prepare a chilli but as usual with a little artistic licence I created a mouth watering combination of spices and lamb. Serve with couscous and a green salad. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint (preferably fresh mint)
- 1/2 preserved lemon (coarsely chopped)
- 450 g ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon ras el hanout spice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large onion (coarsely chopped)
- 2 orange bell peppers (sliced)
- 1 cup mushroom (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Brown the onions, garlic, cloves and the lamb.
- 2Add the sliced peppers, tomatoes, raisins, Ras el Hanout spice mix and water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Add the preserved lemon, then simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- 4Add honey, mushrooms and salt simmering for another 5 minutes.
- 5Finally add the mint, simmer for two minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Lamb Tagine
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.2
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 82.1 mg
- Sodium 369.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ras el hanout spice mix