Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Delicious Moroccan inspired lamb stew
Make and share this Moroccan Lamb & Sweet Potato Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500 g well-trimmed boneless lamb shoulder, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 250 g small white mushrooms
- 750 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1⁄2 cup pitted prunes, coarsely chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- steamed rice, tossed with
- chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Heat the oil in a nonstick flameproof casserole over moderately high heat. Add the lamb and cook for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer the lamb to a plate and put aside. Add the chopped onion and garlic to the casserole and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Return the lamb to the casserole. Add the coriander, cumin, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste, stirring to coat. Add the tomato paste and 1 cup water and bring to the boil. Add the quartered onions. Cover and transfer the casserole to the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, mushrooms, prunes and 1/3 cup water. Cover and bake for 30 minutes or until the lamb and potatoes are tender. Top with the parsley and serve with rice, if using.