2 hrs 40 mins
This is a foolproof lamb stew recipe that my whole family loves. It's not a lot of work and can do it's thing on the stove while I play on Recipezaar!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 lbs lamb stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1Combine salt, pepper, cinnamon and allspice in a medium bowl.
- 2Add the lamb and stir to coat with the spice mixture.
- 3Heat olive oil in a heavy, large pot over medium high heat.
- 4Working in batches, add lamb to the pot and brown on all sides, about 4 minutes for each batch.
- 5Return all the lamb to the pot.
- 6Add onion, garlic and ginger to the stew and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Add the wine and orange juice and bring to a boil.
- 8Cover and reduce heat to a simmer, cooking for about 1 hours and 30 minutes, stirring every once in a while.
- 9Grate the peel from the orange and set aside.
- 10Segment the orange cutting off all the bitter white pith, and chop coarsely.
- 11Add oranges and grated peel to lamb, cooking about 20 more minutes.
- 12Stir in the parsley and honey, and more salt and pepper to your taste.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan lamb Stew
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.1
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 244.8 mg
- Sodium 601.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 78.2 g