Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Gleaned off another site and put here for safekeeping until I can test it out.
Make and share this Moroccan Lamb Shanks recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lamb shanks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (400 g) can water
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Splash some olive oil into a baking tray and add the shanks. Brown the shanks on a medium-high heat on top of the stove.
- Place the remaining ingredients in the baking tray and combine well with the lamb shanks. Cover with foil and place in a pre-heated oven for three hours at 160°C.
- Serve with couscous.
Very good lamb shanks. I took Jan's lead and added a good pinch of chilli flakes. I really don't like the lamb fat/oil that comes out in cooking so once the shanks were cooked I covered them with foil and placed the sauce in a wide container and left to sit in the freezer allowing the fat to come to the surface and make it easier to skim off the top. I then reheated the sauce on the stove top allowing it to reduce and thicken. I served with your Coriander Lemon Couscous Coriander Lemon Couscous. Thanks for posting a tasty recipe that all the family enjoyed.
Very Good...after browning the shanks in a pan, i placed them in my crockpot with all the spices.
These were wonderful shanks. I added a good pinch of chilli flakes to the dish and took the lid off and reduced the sauce in the last 15 minutes-otherwise no changes. I served them with couscous as suggested.