Recipe by JanetB-KY
Posting this for ZWT 2006. I haven't tried this yet but it sounds like a good recipe for those nights when you are too busy to get into cooking yet want something with a good flavor.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 cups hot cooked rice or 2 cups bulgur wheat
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in a large skillet over medium high heat; add onion and cook until tender; drain.
- Add tomatoes, apricots, raisins, cinnamon and cloves; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired; add banana and heat through; serve over rice and garnish with plain yogurt and chopped peanuts if desired.