These lamb kebabs taste amazing, a wonderful mix flavours which improve with each hour of marinating. I prefer using the BBQ to the grill. Preparation time includes marinating. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 3⁄4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 300 g lamb fillets
- 10 dried apricot halves
- 1 small red onion
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- Roughly chop coriander and mint and crush garlic. Whisk first 9 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Transfer 1/2 the marinade to small bowl; cover, chill, and reserve as basting sauce.
- Add lamb cubes to remaining marinade in medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Marinate 2 hours at room temperature or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade.
- Thread lamb cubes, onion and apricots onto 4 skewers, dividing equally.
- Brush all skewers with some of reserved marinade.
- Sprinkle skewers with salt and pepper.
- Grill lamb to desired doneness, onion should be soft and brown, turning occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Combine couscous and stock in a medium bowl. Cover; stand 5 minute Fluff with a fork, drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Serve with lamb kebabs.