My husband fancies himself as king of the grill. He makes these delicious and spicy lamb burgers and they are always a hit with our friends and family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon crumbled saffron thread
- 1Add all the seasoning mix ingredients to a dry heavy sauce or saute pan over medium heat.
- 2Stir for approximately 1 minute or until fragrant; remove from heat source.
- 3In a big mixing bowl, add the lamb, seasoning mix, and 3 tablespoons cold water.
- 4Gently mix together with your hands (don't overwork the meat).
- 5Wet your hands and shape mixture into 4 patties, approximately 3/4 inch thick each.
- 6Cover and chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to grill.
- 7Right before you are ready to grill: whisk together the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- 8Lighty spray or brush the patties with olive oil.
- 9Grill over medium direct heat for 7-9 minutes (medium-doneness), turn once half-way through gill time.
- 10Place lamb patties inside pita pockets and add a large spoonful of yogurt sauce.
- 11Slip in a little lettuce and tomato and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Lamb in Pita
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.0
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 109.4 mg
- Sodium 828.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 31.1 g