Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is very simple marinade to make and is wonderful with lamb served over couscous and topped with a mint yogurt. This works particularly well with a lamb fillet (backstrap) as it is one of the better cuts of lamb and comes out so juicy and tender. I marinated my lamb in the morning before work and cooked it in the evening, it is better if you can marinate at least a few hours to allow the flavours to come through. I made this with just 2 lamb fillets that were quite a good size but I think there would be enough marinade mix for 3, so I have listed 2-3 below. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 2 -3 lamb fillets (backstrap)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon harissa
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in bowl, add lamb and turn to coat each fillet well. Marinade several hours in the fridge.
- Heat a little oil on a grill plate or fry pan, add lamb and cook each side until browned and cooked as desired. (mine were quite thick and it was about 4-5 Min's a side to get a nice pink center.).
- Remove lamb from heat and allow to rest 5 Min's, slice thickly and serve.
- Serve lamb over couscous with a mint yogurt sauce.
I made this for Hubby and Little Miss (DD). (I don't eat red meat so I made Pan Seared Herbed Salmon for myself). Both hubby and Little Miss really enjoyed the flavour. Hubby said the lamb was very tender and had the right amount of spice. Served it with wilted spinach and cous cous. Thanks so much for posting your recipe The Flying Chef
Great marinade.Made this yesterday for my BF and he loved it.I scaled it down to one serving and followed the recipe to the T. Thanks for posting it.
This is what I call real food. Bursting with flavour, and so simple too. Only difference to the recipe I made was to use fresh ginger and parsely and lamb chops not a fillet. This is a great recipe, try it yourself and be impressed! Made for Aus/Nz recipe swap #32 ;-)