Recipe by StrikingEyes00
I found this online and has to post here for safe keeping. I can't wait to try it! If you try it, please let me know how it turns out!!
Top Review by jcrozier
Really yummy with a nice range of favors. I used a mix of clove, cinnamon, turmeric, and coriander for garham masala. Also, no cilantro . We had it with out rice or other side dish. IMO it doesn't need to go on top of anything. I hate curbing butternut squash, but this time I put the squash in the micro for a few minute and it was somewhat easier to peel and cube.
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 1/2 lb)
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala, spice blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless top round lamb or 2 lbs leg of lamb, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 500ºF. Position racks to divide oven in thirds. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with nonstick foil.
- Peel and deseed the squash and cut lengthwise in quarters, then crosswise in 1/2 inch thick slices. Cut red pepper in 1/2 inch wide strips and then cut the strips in half. Cut onion in 1/2 inch wedges and then cut the wedges in half.
- Mix squash, pepper and onion in a large bowl. Combine garlic, spice blend, salt and oil in a small bowl. Add 2 Tbsp from the small bowl to the big bowl; toss to coat.
- Spread evenly on 1 baking sheet. Place on high oven rack; roast 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put lamb in large bowl; add remaining spice mixture from the small bowl, toss it a bit and spread on other baking sheet.
- Move vegetables to low rack; put meat on high rack. and roast 10 minutes, or until lamb is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Gently toss meat with the vegetables; sprinkle with cilantro and let the feasting begin.