Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is made in the oven on two baking sheets.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut lengthwise in quarters, then crosswise in 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 2 1/2 lbs)
- 1 large red pepper, cut in 1/2-inch wide strips, cut strips in half
- 1 medium onion, cut in 1/2-inch wedges, cut wedges in half
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tandoori spice mix or 1 tablespoon garam masala, spice blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs top round lamb or 2 lbs leg of lamb, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 500 degrees; position racks to divide oven in thirds; line 2 rimmed baking sheets with nonstick foil.
- Mix squash, pepper and onion in a large bowl.
- Combine garlic, spice blend, salt and oil in a small bowl, Add 2 tablespoons to vegetables; toss to coat; spread evenly on 1 baking sheet.
- Place on high oven rack and roast 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put lamb in a large bowl; adding remaining spice blend mixture; toss to coat; spread on the other baking sheet.
- Move vegetables to low rack; put meat on high rack.
- Roast 10 minutes, or until lamb is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Gently toss meat with vegetables; sprinkle with cilantro, serve.