Recipe by mommyoffour
This was the first recipe I made with lamb. I was a little nervous at first not knowing what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. This dish is very good, and I must give props to my cousin for giving me the recipe.
- 1 lb boneless lamb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small apple, shredded
- 1 (7 ounce) package chicken flavor rice and vermicelli mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In 4 quart slow cooker, combine lamb, apple, seasoning packet from rice mix, broth and curry powder; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 7 to 9 hours.
- About 25 minutes before serving, add rice and raisins; mix well.
- Cover; cook on high setting for an additional 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Garnish with almonds.