Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a perfectly balanced vegan meal! Sweet potatoes, chard, mushrooms, molasses, and peanut butter combine to make a hearty and healthy stir fry.
- 1 cup sweet potatoes or 1 cup yam
- 1 cup sliced chard leaves (I prefer rainbow but any dark green will do)
- 1⁄3 cup mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 bay leaf
- Saute onions, garlic, and sweet potatoes in a little bit of olive oil.
- Add balsamic vinegar, molasses, peanut butter, a little bit of water, and the bay leaf and cover, cook until yams are about 3/4 done.
- Add chard and mushrooms and cook, uncovered, until all veggies are cooked.
- Add cumin, cinnamon, and cayenne, and enjoy!