This dish is inspired by the sweet and savory combination of moroccan-style seasoning. Preparation time does not include marination time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh grated
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, cooked, deveined, peeled (about 30 of the 40-count size)
- 1Soak four bamboo skewers for 30 minutes in water. This prevents the skewers from burning when placed on the grill.
- 2In a rectangular dish (or appropriately sized container to lay bamboo skewers flat in one layer), combine first 10 ingredients.
- 3Place shrimp on 9-inch bamboo skewers (about 6 per skewer) by piercing each shrimp through head first and then through tail. Lay skewers in the dish containing the marinade, turning to coat both sides.
- 4Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature, turning skewers over mid-way. You may also marinate refrigerated for 1 - 2 hours.
- 5Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 6When grill is searing hot, grill skewers for 3 - 4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- 7Serve shrimp attached to skewers or removed per your preference.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan-Inspired Shrimp on the Barbie
Serving Size: 1 (439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 662.5 mg
- Sodium 835.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 71.8 g