Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This dish is inspired by the sweet and savory combination of moroccan-style seasoning. Preparation time does not include marination time.
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh grated
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, cooked, deveined, peeled (about 30 of the 40-count size)
- Soak four bamboo skewers for 30 minutes in water. This prevents the skewers from burning when placed on the grill.
- In a rectangular dish (or appropriately sized container to lay bamboo skewers flat in one layer), combine first 10 ingredients.
- Place shrimp on 9-inch bamboo skewers (about 6 per skewer) by piercing each shrimp through head first and then through tail. Lay skewers in the dish containing the marinade, turning to coat both sides.
- Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature, turning skewers over mid-way. You may also marinate refrigerated for 1 - 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- When grill is searing hot, grill skewers for 3 - 4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Serve shrimp attached to skewers or removed per your preference.
Flavors are great. I love shrimp and I will be making this again. [made for recipe swap #19 Aug '08]