Recipe by bmcnichol
These are part of my OAMC rotation. Adapted from Southern Living, November 2003
Top Review by Southernhopsing
Wow!!!! This is by far the most moist, flavorful hamburger I've ever had, bar none! I doubled the recipe, DH grilled 8 and I froze 8 in pairs for the kids to pull out and cook whenever they are hungry. DH couldn't get over the flavor, ate two and wanted a third, but thankfully resisted. This will definitely be my go-to recipe for burgers and I will, without a doubt, get rave reviews every time they are served. Thanks for the post.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large egg
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients and shape into 8 patties.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- If making for OAMC, put in freezer bag and freeze 5 to 6 months.
- Thaw before grilling.
- To make, grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink.