Ground beef kebabs can be bought from street vendors in Morocco. They are served with thick bread instead of utensils. Moroccans use the bread to break off a chunk of meat & then pop it into their mouth. (The times listed does not included 1 hour in the fridge.)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ras el hanout spice mix, Ras El Hanout - Moroccan Spice Mix
- Combine the beef, onion, parsley, cilantro, & spices in a large bowl, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Wash your hands but don't dry them. Gently pack small amounts of the meat mixture around the skewers, forming a 4-inch long sausage shape on each skewer.
- Grill over charcoal, turning the kebab time to time so not to burn. Cook throughly. Serve with Recipe #260654 or some other dense bread.