Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found in the cookbook From the Lands of Figs and Olives. I don't know if this is supposed to be prepared with 100% white grape juice or 100% concord grape juice. I tested with unsweetened organic concord grape juice. You also have the option of making your own grape juice: Easy Concord Grape Juice. If your juice is sweetened, omit the sugar in the recipe. An ideal introduction to orange blossom water if you've never tasted it before.
- 1 quart concord grape juice (or white grape juice)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I used honey) or 2 tablespoons honey, to taste (I used honey)
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom water (do not omit)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste (original recipe specified 1 teaspoon) or 1⁄2 small whole cinnamon stick
- ice cube
- of fresh mint, for garnish
- Mix together everything except for the ice cubes and mint.
- Chill and when ready to serve pour the juice over ice cubes and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Well, that was interesting! I chose this recipe because I had a partial bottle of grape juice in the fridge and didn't know what to do with it. I did like the drink - the orange water really changes it up, and my only complaint is that it was too sweet. I used honey, but only a touch because grape juice is already way sweet. If I do have this again, I'll probably try to lighten it up a little bit with some soda water to tone it down. Thanks for posting a quite unusual recipe! Made for ZWT9.
Very yummy but sweet. But it was perfect for my son. He doesn't like grape juice a lot. But with these additions, he likes it. Yesterday he asked me to do another one for him. Thanks Cookgirl. Made for ZWT9
YUM! The honey had a hard time blending in so I was thinking (uhoh!) that....you could heat some of the juice, add honey & stir until dissolved. Add the cinnamon stick to that & let it steep a bit before adding the whole but back to the rest of the juice & adding the orange flower water. But, I don't think the additional sweetener is really needed. I accidentally added way more ground cinnamon which turned out great & the recommended amount of orange flower water I could barely detect. (because of too much cinnamon?) so I added more. YUMMM. I sipped & sipped...finished the whole quart in a day. ;) Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers.