Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes out of the Morccan Modern Cook Book. This salad is best served chilled.
- 2 large carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts
- Peel the carrots and cut in half lengthways. Using a small sharp knife or an apple corer, remove the core and discard. Slice the rest diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces. Cook in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes until just soft. Plunge into cold water to cool and stop cooking, Drain and dry.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, paprika, chiii powder, salt, and parsley in a glass bowl, and whisk until the mixture is the consistency of honey. Add the carrots and stir to glaze.
- Break up the lettuce onto a serving platter and spoon glazed carrot into the center.