Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Got this recipe from a friend at work. Loved it. Great when you want something a little different. Thumbs up.
Top Review by Saraghina
Very easy and really tasty. I thought I had more couscous in the house than I did, so I ended up only using half as much. That seemed to be fine, though. Also, I used less raisins since I was using less couscous, but it would have been good with the full amount. I will definitely make this again!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 10 ounces uncooked couscous
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered saffron
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and saute until tender.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring often, 8 minutes or until done.
- Add zucchini, and saute 3 minutes or until tender; remove from heat.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions; stir in raisins.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in basil and saffron.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir couscous mixture into chicken mixture; cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately.