Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Is usually eaten as a finger food and side dish for fried fish.
Make and share this Moroccan Fried Eggplant recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium narrow eggplants
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Wash the eggplants and cut off the ends.
- Pare the skin off of the eggplants in strips to leave a striped effect.
- Cut each eggplant into 1/4" slices and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the beaten eggs with the spices. Add the eggplant and mix well so the eggplant slices are coated.
- In a large frying pan, pour enough oil to coat the bottom.
- Heat the oil for several minutes over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, cook the eggplant in batches, turning over several times, until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Really quick and easy! It was good, but not great. Might be due to my cooking skills rather than the recipe though ;)
This was easy, quick and good. What more do you want. Full marks!!
This was different and very nice. I enjoyed the Moroccan flavors! Made by a Looney Spoon Phoodie for ZWT#6.